Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is held annually in the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World resort in Florida. This special event runs in November and December and does require a special ticket for admission in addition to your park admission. To make the most of your time at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, consider these 11 Magical Tips.
- The party starts at 7 p.m. and runs until midnight in the Magic Kingdom park. Because this is a late night for little ones, plan to rest earlier in the day so everyone is refreshed and ready for the party.
- While the festivities starts at 7 p.m., your party ticket allows entrance into the park at 4 p.m.
- Plan to eat before the party starts, you don’t want to waste party time eating or waiting for food to be served.
- Many rides and attractions are open during the party, so plan to take time to enjoy your favorites.
- Don’t miss the Jungle Cruise in Adventureland during the party. It’s transformed into a “Jingle Cruise” especially for this event.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade has two showings so if you miss the first one, make sure to catch the second.
- Did you know it snows in Florida? It does during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party on Main Street U.S.A., so be sure to catch a few flakes and take plenty of pictures of Disney with “snow.”
- Plan to meet Santa during the party as well as your favorite Disney characters. Santa can be found in the Candy Cane Garden.
- Don’t miss the Character Dance Party (look for it on your park map) and special live entertainment in front of Cinderella’s Castle.
- The Holiday Wishes fireworks spectacle will burst high above Cinderella’s Castle, great viewing areas are in front of Casey’s on Main Street U.S.A. and from Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in Tomorrowland.
- Check the special party park map for the locations of each Cookies & Cocoa locations. These are throughout the park and are included in the party admission ticket price.
Bonus tip: During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party the different Magic Kingdom shops often offer special event merchandise that only can be purchased during the party.